Saturday, August 24, 2013

EMMET'S FIRST FOOTBALL GAME (of many)

It was a pretty spur of the moment thing to decide to go to the Louisa versus Goochland football scrimmage last night. Since we have a lot of friends from Goochland, we definitely wanted to go (mainly to show off our main man)! It ended up raining all day and the scrimmage was moved from the Jungle (Louisa's stadium) to Fluvanna High School's stadium. We were debating on going - after all, it was storming all day - but we opted to go ahead and go! Boy, am I glad we did. Since it had stormed we ended up with the MOST beautiful backdrop to the game! Of course I have pictures to prove! 
Seeing all of the cheerleaders and football players do their thing really took Charlie and I back and made us miss it!! It's crazy how fast things change. 

The cheerleaders :) who usually are in uniforms but Coach Meeks explained that these shirts were new (so, of course they had to be broken in + uniforms need sizing). 
All of the football players stretching - do you see the sky in the background?! 
Probably my favorite photo of the night. I mean 1) look at the sky and 2) look at my husband showing off our baby. LOVE. 
Emmet was loving his first football game!! He was such a good boy. He didn't get upset once (even though I know he was hungry and it was past his bedtime). Plus, let me add, he looked adorable. 
Of course Emmet got all kinds of love from so many people; I just happened to get a picture of him with Miss Rebecca! He loved her (and since her and hubby were considering kidnapping him, I think they liked him alright, too)! 

I love my hubby :) we were having too much fun (is there such a thing??) in the car!! 

Overall, SUCCESS! 
Welcome to the football life baby boy - that was the first of HUNDREDS of games you will be attending :) I can't wait to show you off more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment